Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Weekend Fun

I had such a great weekend and I hope everyone else did, too. Besides winning a Cocsmo Cricket craft kit (see my last post), I also had a surprise visit and gift from a friend. Tonya brought me this jar of vintage goodness:





I just love it! She remembered I had been drooling over it on our trip to Valley Junction. The shop with this jar had been closed that day, but being the good friend she is, she went back when the shop was opened and bought it for me!! Thanks Tonya!

My husband and I have been taking turns spending more individual time with each of the 4 kiddos. Monday was my day with Mindi and she decided a trip to Toy R Us and the craft store were in order. When we got to the toy store it wasn't going to be open for another 20 minutes so we headed across the street to T.J. Maxx. We walked in and found these cute dress forms on clearance.



I swear I was only going to buy the one in the brown dress, but the little daughter fell in love with the purple and pink one so I bought it to make her happy. :) We headed back over to the toy store where she settled on a My Littke Pony Ice Princess Unicorn Doll- Lily. We also found this lava lamp and set of gel pens on sale:







(A few minutes after we turned the lamp on for the second time, the kids wanted us to turn it off so the "stalagtite" would stay frozen inside the lamp, LOL!) After our trip to the toy store we headed over to Michaels for some craft supplies. Mindi mostly just wanted the large sheets of princess stickers to decorate her bedroom, but I found a few more fun things. I found this sewing box with supplies on clearance for $3.00, it was originally $20.00!





These solid colored ribbons from Offray were 4/$1.00 so I bought 12.



I picked out a few of the individual papers and a couple of packages of collage papers. I just love the texture on some of these papers!





I also picked up some sea glass and rubber stamps (both on sale), stickers and letter tiles. There were so many sales at these stores, I could've spent forever browsing through all the bargains. Finally we headed home for lunch and a yummy treat with all the kiddos- ice cream cones! Yum!!



Of course there is always one of the kids who just has to do things backwards and upside down, LOL!


0 comments: