Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Xyron Design Team

Last week I found out I made the Xyron Design Team and I am so excited to be able to work with such a talented group of women. Xyron and Beth Kingston from the Ain't She Crafty blog are introducing the new team members today. If you haven't already stopped by the blog, go check out all the wonderful new members of the team. If you have arrived from Beth's blog, thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit my blog. Please feel free to have a look around and get to know me a little better. I look forward to sharing my creativity and projects with you.

I also want to share my first project I did for Xyron as part of the Mother's Day 2012 Ideas Album. I made this Mother's Day set using the Follow Your Heart collection from My Mind's Eye.



This fun little gift bag was made with the Carry Clutch SVG file from My Time Made Easy. It was so easy to cut with my Silhouette and assemble with my Xyron adhesives. I used the Xyron Mega Runner to adhere most of the pieces of the bag together and then ran the layered pieces through the Xyron 5" create-a-sticker to quickly and easily finish off the bag.


To keep the bag closed, I added magnetic snaps from Basic Grey to the flap closure. The butterfly brad is also from the Follow Your Heart collection. The smaller silver brads are from Tim Holtz.


To create the front label I cut the Echo Park Mom file with my Silhouette and then used the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen dies to die-cut around the negative part of the mom cut. I used pop dots to add a bit of dimension.


I used my Silhouette to cut the 3D Flower files from the Silhouette store.  Next I simply layered the petals and added a brad to secure them together. I also added a bit of Snug Hug ribbon to the bottle.


A closer look at the flowers:


The matching shaped card was made using the same Echo Park Mom file and Spellbinders Labels Eighteen dies. I also used pop dots for a bit of dimension and added a butterfly brad from the Follow Your Heart collection.


I hope you enjoyed my simple and fun Mother's Day set. This set could certainly be used for much more than Mother's Day. Switch out the mom file for a different cut file or stamped sentiment and it could be used for many other occasions.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your time here today!

1 comments:

cristmae said...

Wonderful art and I was able to learn many ideas.Thanks for posting and continue to aspire blogger.Inkjet Paper