Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Memories Album

Paper Issues current theme is Patriots and Picnics. You can check out the blog for some great projects and inspiration. I have been wanting to make a mini album for our Summer memories so I thought it would be fun to create a simple album and a picnic basket to keep it in with the Summer Fresh line from Simple Stories.



I made the basket using my Silhouette Cameo and an SVG file from My Scrap Chick. The sides of the basket both open and the album tucks easily inside it. I can also add small bits of memorabilia to the basket to be stored with the album.


I had a lot of fun putting this mini together. I used both the 6x6 paper pad as well as the 12x12 collection pack. The album cover is very simple. I used the ledger paper from the 6x6 pad and added a few stickers.


The flash cards and other elements from the 6x6 pad were the perfect size to create pockets for my pages. It made putting the album together quick and easy. Here are the inside pages:







This is the back cover. Again, I kept it very simple. I used the text paper from the 12x12 collection pack and added a few stickers.


As Summer continues I will have a qucik and easy way to add photos and journal about our Summer adventures. I hope you enjoyed my project. Be sure to link up your own projects for this theme and check out the Paper Issues Etsy shop for lots of fun scrapbooking goodies. Remember to use the code INSPIREME for 20% off your entire order!

Supply List:
Simple Stories Summer Fresh 12x12 Collection and 6x6 Paper Pad
Xyron Mega Runner
Xyron 5" Creative Station
Tim Holtz Mini Paperclips
Studio Calico Wood Veneer People and Cameras
Recollections Foam Adhesive
Recollections Brads
1in Binder Ring
My Scrap Chick Picnic Basket SVG File
Silhouette Cameo

4 comments:

Ruby said...

What a FABULOUS project, it must have taken you AGES! Love it!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Couldn't be cuter! Love what you did with this terrific collection.

Becky said...

This is so cute! I love all of your projects. Now following! :)

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous projects - you make me want to create - but my Cameo went a bit haywire yesterday so I gave up with it!!!

I love all the pages in your album - lovely bright and vibrant, but fresh at the same time... that picnic basket is fab too...

Paula x x x