Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Project Life Title Page & Week 1

I love photographing and documenting our lives and this year I am excited to be starting my 6th year of Project 365 and my 3rd year of Project Life. I completed my title page and first week of Project Life 2013 and thought I would share them today.
 
The photos I use for my title page are always from the last day of the previous year and they usually involve my kiddos being silly and having fun on New Year's Eve. I made and cut the white 2013 speech bubble using my Silhouette. The Stories-Photos-Life card is from Cathy Zielske's blog and the other two 3x4 cards are from the digital Seafoam PL kit. The last 4x6 card is a combination of a die cut from the Silhouette store and another card downloaded from Cathy Zielske's blog. I did alter both of Cathy's cards to match the rest of my page.
 

 
This is what our first week looks like. It is a bit hard to see, but the number 1 divider on the right side is a cutting file from the Silhouette store. Behind that is a policy style envelope from American Crafts. It holds small bits of memorabilia, receipts, etc. I also included an insert of the kids writing their resolutions for the new year. I tucked their resolution cards behind each of their photos.
 


Here is what the spread looks like without all the inserts.

 
For the title card I opened the January calendar from findingnana in Photoshop, added an arrow and text, and printed it out. The snapshot card is from Jennifer Hignite that I recolored to match my page. The last two cards and circle element are from digital PL kits- Clementine, Seafoam, and Bridgeport.

 



On the right side of the spread I started with the Celbrate Everyday card from the digital Seafoam kit and recolored it. I also added a flair badge from A Flair for Buttons. The cards in the middle are all from digital PL kits- Bridgeport, Baby, and Clementine. I did recolor the Hello card to match the rest of the page. The chevron card is also from the digital Seafoam kit and I made the arrow in Photoshop to go along with the stack of book my kiddos chose at the bookstore.

 
I am using this album to hold my Project Life pages. I bought a couple of these on clearance a few years ago and thought they would be fun to use this year.
 


I have also been collecting a lot of cute flair buttons from A Flair for Buttons and keeping in them in this bin I found at Target. I love adding these to my Project Life pages.


Even though I used mostly digital products for these pages, I love to incorporate other products from my stash. I am using these organizers I found on Amazon to keep envelopes, glassine bags, snap products, and others handy and accessible to use in my PL project.



I hope you enjoyed my project! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comments:

Leah's Crafty Life said...

WOW WOW WOW.. Your PL pages knock my socks off.. love them!!