Monday, September 2, 2013

Epiphany Crafts and Punky Sprouts


This week Epiphany Crafts has teamed up with Punky Sprouts and the design team has been sharing some fabulous mini albums this week. Be sure to stop by the Epiphany Crafts blog to check them out. I was sent the Punk-a-licious album to create my mini. The album is 12 inches tall so I decided to cut the covers to make two albums. There are two of each of the page inserts so it was easy to divide everything between the albums and create two complete albums.


I used the Basic Grey Hipster collection in addition to my Epiphany Crafts tools to decorate the two minis the same to give to two of my girls who are starting junior high and high school this year. Here is a look at one of the albums.

I added both bracket and banner shapes to the cover to mimic the layered shaped pages of the album.


This tag was actually a leftover piece of the banner shape from the cover. I added a brad created with the Epiphany Crafts Round 14 tool and a brad setting.


I really love all the shaped pages in the album and had a lot of fun decorating them. I added two of the Basic Grey slide die cuts to this page for photos. I didn't add adhesive to the tops of the die cuts so photos could be easily added to the page.


I love all the bracket shapes from this Basic Grey collection. It made it fun and easy to add layers to my pages.


The original album also came with two acrylic pages. I cut them to the size I needed and turned them into tags. I also cut a paper tag and layered it behind the acrylic one. I added some chipboard pieces to the tag for a fun look.


Another bracket piece from the Hipster collection, This makes a perfect journaling spot and layers well with the other pages of the album.


I added a chipboard element to this bracket page and added a photo mat for another small photo. I made several brads using my Epiphany Crafts supplies. I added a few arrows from the Hipster collection and then created the two smallest arrows using the Epiphany Crafts banner punch and then trimming the straight edge into a point.



On the back of the page I added an interactive element with a folded page that can hold additional photos and journaling. I added a brad made using Epiphany Crafts supplies as a small handle.


This is another one of the acrylic tags I made.



This envelope was made using the We R Memory Keepers envelope board. I made a magnetic closure by removing the prongs from the back of an Epiphany Crafts brad setting and adding a Basic Grey magnetic disc. A second disc was added to the inside of the envelope to complete the closure. I added a couple of journaling tags to the inside of the envelope.



I added another bracket tag to the last page of the album and a few banner shapes including one punched with the Epiphany Crafts banner punch.



Supplies:
Punky Sprouts Punk-a-licious Album
Epiphany Crafts Round 14 Tool
Epiphany Crafts Banner Tool
Epiphany Crafts Brad Settings
Epiphany Crafts Round 14 Bubble Caps
Basic Grey Hipster 6x6 Paper Pad
Basic Grey Hipster Chipboard Shapes
Basic Grey Hipster Wood Veneer Die Cuts
Basic Grey Hipster Snippets Pad
Basic Grey Hipster Die Cuts and Transparencies
Basic Grey Magnetic Discs
Bazzill Java Cardstock
Stazon Timber Brown Ink
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
Xyron Mega Runner
Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE these hats! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Logging in for the blog hop. I love the hats.