Friday, December 7, 2012

Epiphany Crafts and Simple Stories

As I was working on my December Daily album for the upcoming holiday, a couple of my girls asked if I could make an album for them as well. When I received the Handmade Holiday collection from Simple Stories I knew it would work perfectly with Lori Whitlock's 3x3 Box Page Mini Album files to create a December Daily that all of my kids could use!



The file includes a box that holds three of the 5 page mini albums so I used my Silhouette to cut two of the boxes and five of the 5 page albums. Since I had space for an additional album, but didn't need it, I hand cut a box to fit the extra space.



The additional box was the perfect place to store additional journaling cards for the kids to use when needed.


For each of the albums and box I adhered button stickers from the Handmade Holiday Collection to the Round 14 Bubble Caps and added them to the flaps. I also used the small round number stickers from the collection with the bubble caps to label each page so the kids could locate each of the 25 days quickly and easily.


Here are a few of the pages. They are all very similar and I kept them simple and easy for the kids to use. I added a few cards for journaling to each page for the kids, but there is plenty of space for additional journaling cards and any photos they want to include for each day.




My kids are excited to get started and I can't wait to see what they add to the album each day. I know that each of the kids won't participate each day, but the box style pages of the album will work great to hold all the photos and journaling cards whether one or all four kids add to the album on each of the days.

Supplies:Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Round 14 Bubble Caps
Simple Stories Handmade Holiday Collection
Silhouette Cameo
Lori Whitlock's 3x3 Mini Album with Box Pages Files
Basic Grey Magnetic Snaps
Tim Holtz Mini Paper Clips
Kraft Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Red Heart Natural/ Gold Crochet Thread
Xyron 5" Creative Station
Recollections Foam Adhesive Circles


0 comments: