Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thumbprint Cookies

Hello everyone. I want to share a fun and yummy project today. I love baking treats for my friends & family and dressing them up in pretty packaging to share.


These thumbprint cookies are so yummy and can be filled with any of your favorite jams. I filled ours with seedless raspberry jam from Smuckers. (See the end of the post for the recipe).


I made this box to package a few goodies.


For the front of the box I used Pimiento Crinkle Wausau Paper and then layed two damask snowflake die cuts (Papertrey Ink). On top of that I layered a punched scalloped circle (Oriental Trading Punch) and a 1 1/2 inch circle die cut (Papertrey Ink). I stamped an image from Papertrey Ink's 2011 Holiday Tags stamp set in Jenni Bowlin Cough Syrup ink.


Cookies all packaged and ready to share. I added a couple of Hershey's Kisses, too. Yum!


A close up of the packaged cookies.


Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies:

6 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstartch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
7-1/2 teaspoons of your favorite jam(s)

1. Cream butter and sugar.

2. Beat in oil, vanilla, and butter flavoring.

3. Combine flour, salt, cornstarch, and baking powder and stir into the mixture.

4. Roll into 1 inch balls and place onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.

5. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle or your finger (the kids would love to help with this part)  make an indentation in the center of the cookies.

6. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

7. Place on wire racks and fill with 1/4 teaspoon jam of your choice.

I have a few more projects to share so I'll see you soon. Thanks for stopping by.



0 comments: